So, I’m burying myself in Photoshop at the moment, trying to apply all the things I learned on Tuesday night. This week was very much introductory, and the first things I created were a pair of Before and After labels. They are pretty simple, and I’m regretting not doing screen shots of the steps. Maybe another time.
I then trawled through a gazillion photos, looking for a suitable
victim test pilot, and found this one of Clara. It’s underexposed because of the bright light coming from the dining room doors, and as a result, is a bit flat and lifeless.
The first thing I did was to play with the levels – brightening up the mid tones and flattening the highlights a bit.
This lightened Clara a bit, but the image was still a bit dull, so I increased the red saturation using the Hues and Saturations tool.